Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Montana Crossroads


Painting of the Day: Morning at the Crossroads
8 x 10 inches   Oil on Panel
Click here to bid on this painting.

At 5:30 in the morning I walked down the dirt driveway in my pajamas laden with painting gear and a cup of coffee. I set up at the crossroads before the sun came up. The air was slightly chilly. With my sweater wrapped around my shoulders, I stood sipping my coffee and watched as the valley slowly came to life. (I know it sounds sappy, but it really was beautiful).
It's funny in Montana. The sun seems to take forever to crest the mountains. One minute your enjoying hot coffee watching deer bound effortlessly across the meadow, the next your frantically trying to capture the scene before the sun gets too high and you lose the great light and shadows.


No comments:

Post a Comment