Friday, October 21, 2011

Lavender



Painting of the Day: Lavender Fields near Lourmarin
Click here to bid on this painting.


One summer I traveled to Provence for the purpose of painting the lavender fields. It turned out that there was a major heat wave and drought which ruined the crops of lavender that year. So I took photos anyway and enhanced the lavender in these paintings.


The Abbey of Senanque with Lavender.
Click here to bid on this painting.


More lavender fields on rolling hills.
Click here to bid on this painting.



An old farmhouse near the village of Banon, Provence.
Click here to bid on this painting.


This was the big news in the local paper. Catastrophe! I thought so.

1 comment:

  1. Great series of pictures!
    I thought you maybe interested in Chinese painting I write about as a new technique, I'll appreciate your visit to my blog!

    ReplyDelete