Saturday, September 24, 2011

Plein Air in West Marin

Recently, I had the opportunity to paint in Nicasio and Point Reyes Station, located in West Marin County in the same vicinity as Bodega Bay. You know, the infamous town where the Birds went Berserk? I digress. 

Besides hunting for sea glass, (See "Rubber Ducks!" blog posted on 9/8) painting en plein air is one of my favorite things to do, especially if my mother is with me. We began painting in Nicasio around 8 a.m. when the air was still moist with the smell of damp earth. Mom chose the old post office to paint, while I set up across from a farm house. 

After a few hours, we moved on to the quaint town of Pt. Reyes Station, home of the Cow Girl Creamery. Maker of the fabulous "Mt. Tam" cheese. After a lunch of Ruben sandwich with fries at the Pine Cone Cafe, we found a small, weathered, brick house with a blue door on the outskirts of town. We were able to paint quickly before the fog came in. 

"Old Farm House" Click here if you'd like to bid on this painting.

"Nicasio Church" Click here if you'd like to bid on this painting.

"Blue Door" Click here if you'd like to bid on this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment